So one of the girls from work had a great suggestion, I need to detail some of my recipes 🙂
Following the MS swank diet means limiting your diet to a dairy free, red meat free, low-fat diet so it is hard and sometimes bland 😦
My Dad always says that they way to a man’s heart is through his stomach, which is probably true so having something tasty is always a great way to impress your man and your friends LOL
One of my favourites is my Mum’s Chicken Curry… She is no longer with us so when I make it, it is a treat for me and her friends as it makes us all feel close to her. It has no diary and very little saturated fat and what is amazing is that it tastes great!
Hope you like it
Do you have any recipes that you would like to share?
6 Chicken Breasts
1 Cooking Apple
Seasoning Pepper and Salt
Some crushed Garlic
1 Chicken Stock Cube
1 Tin of Tomatoes
1 Jar of Mango Chutney
1 tube or tin of tomato puree
1 chicken soup (packet)
1 dessert Spoon of Flour
1.5 dessert spoon of Curry Powder (Hot or whatever your taste)
- Prepare veg, cut into cubes.
- Sauté chopped onion, cooking apple, pepper and garlic in a pan with water until cooking apple is soft. Add salt and pepper and any other seasoning.
- Remove from heat and add Curry Powder and Flour (to the sautéed vegetables) until you make a paste
- Add Chicken Stock Cube which has been melted in a cup of water
- Add Tin of Tomatoes, Mango Chutney and Tomato Puree
- Add chicken soup which has been prepared in a jug, approx 400 mls of water
- Check consistency, if required add water to liquidity or flour to thicken
- Check spiciness and add additional powder depending on your taste.
- Poach chicken breasts until cooked (ie not red in the middle). Try not to over cook them as they will appear more rubbery.
- Cut Chicken breasts into cubes and add to sauce.
- Leave to marinade for a while
- Serve with Basmati Rice and Naam bread